SCGC is one of the largest cement producers in Egypt thanks to our industrial network of five production facilities in Suez, Kattameya, Torah, Helwan and El Minya. In fact, SCGC has made some of Egypt’s most famous landmarks possible, including the Cairo Tower, 57357 Children Cancer Hospital, and is one of the main contributors to the construction projects of the New Administrative Capital and Suez Canal Development Project.
• The Suez Cement Group of Companies is Egypt’s leading producer of cement, with an industrial network of four production facilities in Suez, Kattameya, Tourah and Helwan and18 concrete batching units, with a production capacity of around 12 million tons per year.
• In addition, the Suez Cement Group has 14 operating quarries and 7 kilns. With such an expansive industrial network, the Group is afforded a degree of national exposure unmatched by competitors for its comprehensiveness and longevity.
• The group has manufactured and distributed the highest quality cement, aggregates and ready-mix concrete, and its products have been used to build some of Egypt’s most notable landmarks.
• Suez Cement Group of Companies is home to more than 1,400 employees, who participate in continuous training and advancement programmers. The group has an active safety and environmental policy, which is essential in building a sustainable environment for employees and the communities in which it operates.
• All SCGC’s plants have renewed their ISO 14001 certificates and applied the new version of ISO 14001/2015 standards. Each plant has its own certification. Kattameya plant received the EnMS ISO 50001 certificate. Recently Suez Cement received ISO 45001 for occupational health and safety management systems.
• The group always places social responsibility at the top of its priorities. These initiatives are aimed at building relationships with stakeholders through dialogue and constructive cooperation.
• The ultimate goal of the Group’s environment policy is to promote the sustainable use of resources, long-term economic growth and improving the quality of life for the generations to come. SCGC is currently applying CSI guidelines.
• Suez Cement is majority-owned by the Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world’s largest global cement producers, making it part of a family of organizations that represents one of the world’s most influential building materials companies and export markets.